Earthplace Preschool Food Safety Policy
Earthplace Preschool adheres to the State of CT Statutes and Regulations for food safety listed above.
- Any food with expired dates will be discarded immediately.
- For children of any age with special feeding needs, we record the type and quantity of the food the child consumes on a form and share information with the child’s family.
- For infants, we record each feeding using the Tadpoles Application. This information is also shared with each child’s family.
- Breast milk must be labeled with the infant’s full name and the date that the milk was expressed.
- Any unfinished formula or breast milk must be discarded after one hour.
- All fruits and vegetables must be washed prior to serving.
- When microwaving food for children, do not use plastic or polystyrene containers, plates, or bags.