Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Training
Parents of Children With Special Needs: IEP Training
IEP training will be provided by Peggy Bud, certified and licensed speech/language pathologist who provides targeted Effective Communication support for families of special needs students. Through training sessions and individual coaching she develops her clients’ communication skills, ensuring that their message is clearly understood and remembered.
*Childcare will be provided in our PASEP classrooms. Pre-Registration is required so that we may provide adequate staffing.
Mission and Educational Philosophy
The mission of Earthplace Preschool is to nurture the development of each child socially, emotionally, cognitively, physically, and creatively in a developmentally appropriate environment. The special role of Earthplace Preschool is to make connections with the natural world, to promote scientific inquiry, and to allow unstructured play in nature.
We believe that:
- Adults set the social-emotional climate in the classroom and in the home.
- The learning environment should be designed to promote a child's autonomy, security, and inquiry.
- Children learn through exploration and discovery both indoors and outdoors.
- "Exposure to nature in early childhood provides a wide range of sensory and psychological advantages for child development." John M. Tew, Jr., M.D.
- Children are active learners who need to explore, create, and be involved in hands-on multi-sensory activities in order to develop and learn to an optimum level.
- Children need nurturing, empathetic teachers who work toward creating individual relationships with each child.
- The positive interaction of teachers and parents working together creates a climate in which children learn and grow best.