- Chickadees (Twos) will attend from 8:45 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Hummingbirds (Threes), Robins (Threes and Fours), Woodpeckers (Fours), and Falcons (Fives) will attend from 8:45 AM to 1:00 PM and children will eat lunch in class.
- Full-Time Program (12 months): Children who stay from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM will be in their age-appropriate class until 1:00 PM and then have an appropriate rest/quiet time followed by a snack, outdoor play, and enrichment activities until 6:00 PM.
- Chickadees may sign up for the lunch club until 1:00 pm. Chickadees are not eligible for per diem Early Drop-Off or Extended Day.
- Hummingbirds, Robins, Woodpeckers, and Falcons are eligible to sign up for per diem Early Drop-Off and Extended Day until 3:00 PM or 6:00 PM on a flexible basis.
Open enrollment for students not presently attending the school for the following year begins in December. Enrollment priority is given to siblings of children currently attending the school. To attend our Chickadees (2s) classes children must be 2 years of age by the end of that September. To enter the Hummingbirds (3s), Woodpeckers (4s) and Falcons (5s) classes in September, the child must reach the age of 3, 4 or 5 years by December 31 of that year.
We welcome students without regard to their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, ability, gender, or family structure.
Application for enrollment begins by filling out the Interest Form
Once we have received the interest form we will contact you to make an appointment for a tour of the school. This is a great opportunity to see the classrooms and students while in action as well as a time to ask any questions you may have regarding our philosophy, procedures and curriculum.
Within a week of your tour of the school we ask that you please call the office at 203-557-4402 to inform us of your decision.
Contract and Student Record Form
A contract and a Student Record Form is sent after we have been informed that you have chosen to have your child attend our school. Included in this contract will be a response date; at that time we ask for a non-refundable $300 registration fee, a $700 contract deposit, and an Earthplace Family Membership, which starts at $90 and is valid for 1 year. The Earthplace Family membership benefits include free or discounted program fees, newsletters, merchandise discounts, as well as access to Natureplace, Animal Hall, The Birds of Prey, and the 62-acre open space wildlife sanctuary.
Please send back the Student Record Form at the same time. The information included on this form is important for record keeping, information for the teachers to get to know your child in advance, and state required information.
Tuition, Positive Guidance Policy & Early Childhood Health Assessment Record
Tuition for part-time programs are paid in three installments: March 1, July 1, and October 1. Tuition payments for the full-time program is paid on a monthly basis. Payment options and scholarships are available.
A Positive Guidance Policy and Early Childhood Health Assessment Record
are part of your registration packet. We ask that you respond with the tuition, a signed Positive Guidance Policy and Early Childhood Health Assessement Record so that we can properly maintain our records. Your child will not be able to attend school until we have received all forms.